023: STACEY LITTLE - What Makes Southern Food Southern?
January 7th, 2021
41 mins 14 secs
About this Episode
Southern food—we all love it. But what exactly is it? And why does it make you want to slap your grandma? Is it the creaminess of pimento mac and cheese? Or the flaky goodness of rough puff biscuits? Or what about the nutty scent of pecan chewies roasting in the oven? Stacey Little from @southernbite joins us to discuss what makes southern food southern and why it may be simpler than we thought.
- Stacey Little's Website — Check out his slow cooker pork carnitas—we're kind of obsessed.
- Stacey's Instagram — Or his Mac and Cheese. We've included a ton of different variations below.
- Stacey's Test Kitchen — E-P-I-C
- Pecan Chewies — The recipe that got Stacey into blogging. And holy bananas these look amazing.
- Hoop Mac and Cheese — Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom
- Baked Mac and Cheese — Now we're talking'.
- One-Pot Mac and Cheese — What about this one? Shoot, I'm in.
- Classic Baked Mac and Cheese — For the classics in the house.
- Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese — If this doesn't make you want to slap your grandma, I don't know what will.
- Bacon Mac and Cheese Soup — This might though.
- Macaroni and Tomatoes — Okay, not exactly Mac and 'Cheese' but a staple.
- RFDTV — A link to Stacey's new project with RFDTV, a nationally televised program.
- Stacey's Biscuits — Game over!