021: IN THE KITCHEN - Almond Baked Mussels
December 29th, 2020
26 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
While everyone's hitting the gym this New Year's, we're flexing our mussels in the kitchen with this delicious Almond Baked Mussels recipe from The Manhattan [food] Project. Chris demonstrates how to properly clean, debeard, steam, and bake mussels like it's Venice Beach. And it's the perfect New Year's Eve appetizer.
- Recipe — The Baked Mussels recipe Chris used—from The Manhattan [food] Project.
- A Kitchen in France by Mimi Thorisson — The cookbook from which the recipe was originally published.
- Oysters Rockefeller — A similar take on Chris' recipe. Oysters baked with a bunch of tasty goodness.
- How to Clean and Debeard Mussels — Grip it and rip it.
- Coastal Coffee Roasters — The Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Phil got for Christmas.
- Spanakopita — A delicious little Greek savory pie that pairs great with Chris' mussels.
- Contra — Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start.