004: CONCEPTS - Mise En Place
October 8th, 2020
19 mins 59 secs
About this Episode
We're all culinary experts now. Thanks to a handy-dandy little trick known as 'mise en place.' Chris and Phil hilariously discuss how this ancient French method makes us better cooks. And better humans.
- Ugly Delicious — We mention several cooking shows in this episode. David Chang's Ugly Delicious is the first.
- Somebody Feed Phil — Phil Rosenthal is a god.
- Beat Bobby Flay — Okay serious question, has anyone ever beaten Bobby Flay?
- The Great British Baking Show — Noel Fielding is my spirit animal.
- Shop 'Til You Drop — Not so much a cooking show as it is a game show but still.
- Diners Drive-ins and Dives — T-U-M-S
- Taste the Nation — Padma Lakshmi for President.
- Yan Can Cook — And so can you!
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi — What dreams are made of.
- Chef's Table - Sean Brock — Sean Brock has an incredible story. This is a must-see.
- Chef's Table - Rodney Scott — If Padma doesn't work out, we're voting for Rodney.
- Instagram — How do you mise-en-place? Let us know.
- Facebook — I bet you mise-en-place like the best of them. Change my mind!